Sunday, July 20, 2014

Projects for Little Ones

I picked up this fabric almost a year ago waiting for the right project. Now, I found it.  For more than two years, friends of ours have been trying to adopt. After a few heart-breaking cases where the adoption failed to go through, they were able to adopt the sweetest little girl.  I mean, she is Gerber baby material.  (I am not biased at all.). 

I love the colors even though, in my opinion, chevron is on the way out of style.  Both sides are a soft minky and I love, love, love the strawberry that my friend, Maegan, downloaded for me.  We did a swap. I made a skirt for her little one and she did this for me. I also assured her that if I ever have a girl, I would make it worth the money using this pattern. 
It's just two solid pieces sewn right-sides together with a two inch seam.  Flip it right-sides out and top stich it. Pin, pin, pin. Minky "walks" horribly.  So, I pin everything. To me, it's worth the extra thirty minutes.  It will save you frustration later. Ask me how I know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment