Friday, July 11, 2014

Quilt Multiplied By Two


Next on the to-do list was a project for my friend of 14 years. Yes, I met her on the first day of college and we bonded over our obsession with chapstick. We've been friends ever since. Very soon, her and her husband's world will be rocked with twin boys, lots of laundry, and diapers galore. For now, she is nesting and stabilizing the room with calming green, grays, and an underwater theme. I finished the second and final quilt's binding yesterday and continued with my quest to snap pictures of all my quilts before they go out the door.
Truth be told, this is all Amber's style and not mine. We found this adorable whale tail pattern and that became the focus. I was not super excited to sew lots of green and gray (even though I helped her in picking/matching the fabric). But, I really like how they turned out. Super calming neutrals with a few pops of color. It will take her about two seconds to notice that I threw in some yellow but she gave me full reign on making them. She will only have to wait three more days, until her baby shower, to see them.
Here are the backs. From afar, they seems solid gray but that have a cute gray on gray pattern.
                                               

My sweet friend, Patrice at www.simplyadesign.com, who knows me well and allows me to be the true control freak that I am, did the names on the back.
 .
One last little project from the scraps...




No comments:

Post a Comment