Sunday, August 3, 2014

Gathering Apron

Most recently, after the baby quilts were all done, I began a new project based on a request from my roommate. Yes, before you question it, she no longer lives with me. We actually live four hours apart. But, she has and always will be my roommate. Who knows? Maybe we will live together again in the nursing home someday. 

So, she asked for an apron. Simple enough, right? Well...if you give a mouse a cookie... You know how it goes. First, she looks at Pinterest. Then, she sees this thing called a gathering apron. And...since she is now a farmers wife, she needed a multi functioning apron.  

If you know me at all, you know that I don't follow recipes. I make my own. So, in typical fashion, I went about creating a pattern. I wanted it extra wide so there would be lots of room for veggies from the garden and deep pockets for tools from the kitchen.  We found this cute red mixer fabric in Floyd, VA and chose the others to match.  She requested the black on the pockets. 
Here is the product. The bow, then, can be used to loop through three button holes in the bottom to make a hammock.
Maybe Beth will send a pic of her wearing it to add to the page.  It should be noted that she is a good bit taller than I am. So, it's long on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment